BEST BUYING GUIDE FOR HAIR STRAIGHTENERS IN 2024
Nowadays in the era of fashion and self grooming hair straighteners are becoming an essential appliance for girls and women to manage their hair in a hassle free manner. Hair straighteners are generally used for making your hairs temporarily straight and aligned by using heat produced by its plates or combs\brushes. But buying a hair straightener is not that easy. The process of buying these flat iron means that you’re dealing with something as delicate as your hair. If you're looking for a hair straightener, BestBaba’s expert team has shortlisted top 10 hair straighteners on the basis of thousands of customers’ reviews, feedbacks and ratings.
POINTS TO CONSIDER WHILE BUYING HAIR STRAIGHTENERS
- TEMPERATURE SETTINGS: You must be clear in your mind about this myth that ‘the hotter a straightener can get, the better it is’. The truth is that ‘those high temperatures are detrimental to your hair’. If you have fine hair, your hair might end up getting fried in the heat. So make sure you consider these things very seriously before choosing a hair straightener. There must be good temperature settings as per your need.
- PLATES: There are a variety of hair straighteners with different plates available in the market. Titanium plates are durable and lightweight and ceramic coated plates heat up very fast and can give you frizz-free hairs in very less time . So try looking for a straightener with good quality plates as they will transfer heat evenly. The more problematic your hair type, the wider the plates of the hair straightener should be. If you have naturally tight curls that are difficult to manage, you need a hair straightener with wider plates but you can go for narrow plates that can be used for short, wavy hair that is comparatively easier to manage.
- PURPOSE AND QUALITY: There are several hair straighteners available in the market,some are cordless, some are small and handy while others have wires. If you're an enthusiastic traveller, a small travel sized straightener can do wonders for you. Moreover, if you only straighten out your fringe, a small one will work just fine. But if you do have coarse hair that is really difficult to straighten and manage, you can go for bigger one. Before purchasing a hair straightener, just try to keep in your thoughts that you’re going to deal with your hair and heat together which will be so sensitive. A cheap hair straightener might be tempting but when it comes to your hair, choose a straightener that is of best quality. Prefer to invest in one that will do less damage to your hair.
BEST HAIR STRAIGHTENER MAKERS IN INDIA
1. PHILIPS HAIR STRAIGHTENERS
Philips is one the popular brands for electronic appliances and it is also well known that our hair is such a sensitive part of our body that we should always go for trustworthy brands while doing experiments with our hairs. Philips provides straighteners with SlikPro Care for less heat exposure. These straighteners come with ceramic plates for smooth gliding. Philips straighteners fast heat up in just 60 seconds
“Hair brush straighteners” are also available in this brand with a large paddle -shaped brush to straighten maximum hair in one go. It also has keratin infused ceramic coating for shiny, smooth, frizz-free hair. These Philips straighteners offer thermo protect technology which maintains even temperature across the brush to prevent overheating.
2. VEGA 3 IN 1 HAIR STYLER, (STRAIGHTENER, CURLER & CRIMPER)
If you wish to straighten, crimp and curl you can do it all with one single appliance by using Vega 3 in 1 hair styler. It comes with ceramic plates (for silky, smooth & straight hairs), 3 ridge design crimper plates (which creates beautiful blends in your hairs) and a hair curler with a 32 mm barrel (for creating gorgeous curls in no time). It has a 360 degree swivel cord which rotates conveniently and prevents unnecessary tangles.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
No. When we prefer to use a good quality branded hair straightener there is very less chances of damaging the hair. Well, we should always be careful while using any type of heating product on our body parts.
It's important to use a heat protectant every time you straighten your hair because it will limit the damage. However, straightening everyday isn't a good idea and will ultimately leave you with drier and more brittle hair.
You can use hair straighteners as per your style and need but one of the biggest risks associated with frequent use of hair straightening iron and chemicals is that it can permanently cause damage to the hair follicles which can cause permanent hair loss.